Monday, September 01, 2008

Heart of Palm Salad and Gallo Pinto from Costa Rica

This past Wednesday I prepared two Costa Rican recipes for dinner, a rice dish and a salad. For starters, I made a heart of palm salad and then we had the beans and rice, called Gallo Pinto.

An important part of the recipe project that Elliot and I have undertaken is an effort to try new foods. This was the first time that either of us have eaten heart of palm. It was... okay. Not bad but not especially good either. The salad tasted fine, in my opinion. Elliot wasn't much of a fan of the flavor, saying he didn't like the lime juice and the pepper together.



I absolutely LOVED the Gallo Pinto. Again, Elliot wasn't too fond of the flavor combination. To me it tasted like comfort food. I definitely want to make it again.

Here's what it looked like:


No comments: