Thursday, September 07, 2006

Mary's New Car

It was raining when I got out of class today and walked to the school parking lot. Of course, I didn't have an umbrella with me. And I had no idea which car was mine.

Of all the talents I possess, being able to recognize the model of an automobile by sight is NOT one of them. I walked to the parking lot, proud of myself for remembering "1994 Toyota Camry", but that did me absolutely no good once I got there. It's white. I knew that much. Finally, I recognized my license plate number. But I was already soaked by then.

(click pictures to enlarge)






And while I have your attention, please let me introduce you to one of the local stray cats that has adopted us and pretty much moved in to our front yard. This is Mr. Jason Tickles. Mr. Tickles is friends with the pot bellied pig that lives across the street.

7 comments:

M said...

yay! We both have white cars now! Although technically we both had white cars as soon as I got my white car, but now we both have white cars with AC! Yay.

Anonymous said...

Gee, I have the same problem (can't find my car) when I come out of Walmart. Might I suggest a bright orange "tenna topper" to put on your antenna. They're quite popular around here and I can probably get you one really cheap by using my AARP discount. Oh, great lookin' cars - both of you.

M said...

that first comment was from elliot. i'm glad we have matching cars, too, love. and i'm most glad about the A/C! no A/C in Florida is torture.

and i have to assume that last comment was from my dad. um, i'll recognize the car eventually. thanks for the "tenna topper" offer, but i'll pass. give me thirty years and i might reconsider.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you got a new car! Yay! I need one, too. Need=want in this case. I miss you! Hi Mr. Tickles!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you have a more realiable car and one with AC - I didn't realize you didn't have AC!!!

Mr. T. is cute. Can't wait to see you both.

Lots of love

Anonymous said...

Mary,

Great choice IMO on the car. Did you not have the little Horn Button on you Key Fob? Maybe you could have honked your own horn and made finding your car easier. I know... you don't like honking your own horn. :)

See ya,
Jim

M said...

i dont think key fobs that honk horns existed in 1994. my car doesnt have one, anyway. :( i'll just have to learn to recognize my own car, i guess.