Saturday, September 02, 2006

2nd Year of Law School

Well, I've finished the first week of my second year at FSU Law School (click for link) and everything seems to be running smoothly so far. I'm taking 4 courses this semester: Gratuitous Transfers [a.k.a. Wills, Trusts, and Estates], Alternative Dispute Resolution [a.k.a. Mediation and Arbitration], Professional Responsibility [a.k.a. Ethics], and Constitutional Law II. Two of my professors are judges from the First District Court of Appeals (click for link), and my other two professors are both very popular and highly regarded professors at the law school. So I have a pretty good line-up of classes this semester.

I'm also assisting my Legal Writing professor from last year with her new class of first year students. It's a part-time job and lots of fun because the professor is really cool. I get to have "office hours"!

Here's a picture of Elliot and me at the Tampa Airport the day I left for FSU Law School's study abroad program in Oxford this summer:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is awesome! I love the clarity.

My Museum Law professor said that over 90% of suits are settled in arbitration. Is that right?

M said...

hmmm... maybe. i remember hearing the statistic that only about 5% of suits are ever actually litigated. so between arbitration, mediation, out of court settlements, dropped lawsuits, and dismissed lawsuits, most cases dont even make it to court. i know that arbitration is getting super popular. its being written into a lot of contracts... sales contracts and employment contracts and what not. were you talking about contracts in class?