Sunday, June 07, 2009

Good Bye, Boogie Cat



Elliot found our neighborhood cat friend, who we call "Boogie Cat" (although his owners have a different name for him), dead in our driveway yesterday morning. I'm so sad.

We've known Boogie Cat since we moved into this house, and he had been living almost exclusively in our yard for about the last year. Ever since his owners got a second pet cat. Boogie Cat would be outside our front door every morning and every evening when we came home from work. It's weird not seeing him there. We love that little guy.

The thing about having animal friends is that most animals don't live so long compared to humans. I'm always very upset anytime one of my pets dies. But the sadness I feel now is only because I've had so many good times with Boogie Cat. I miss him.

R.I.P. Boogie Cat.


6 comments:

Tiny Wire said...

Oh no...is that the cat that Tim wanted to bring inside?

M said...

Yes. Poor little guy. I wish you could have taken him home with you. His owners knew he was sick, but didn't take him to the vet. :(

Tiny Wire said...

I won't tell Tim.

Tiny Wire said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Davi said...

Jamie and I lost Nero two weeks ago; the day that I left on a two week long trip. Jamie had to bury him by himself. Now that I am home, I'm missing him in all the places he used to be. I dreamed that he was still alive last night. Jamie and I had a small service in the yard today. i buried his favorite toy with him and we spread hydrangeas petals over his grave.

M said...

I'm so sorry for you and Jamie! I hope Nero and Boogie Cat are playing together right now :)