Sunday, February 01, 2009

Congrats to Sara and Bret!

My sister, Sara, called me tonight.

Sara: Come over. I have something I want to show you.

Me: What is it? We have to go grocery shopping and it's already late. Can it wait until tomorrow?

S: No. Just come over. I want to show you.

M: Did you get a pet? A cat?

S: No. Come over.

M: Are you pregnant or something?

S: No!

M: Did you find a baby somewhere? Is there a baby involved in this?

S: No!

M: Then it can wait until tomorrow. I'll call you then.

S: Just come over!

M: Tell me what it is you want to show me, then I'll decide if we're coming over.

S: It's an engagement ring.

So congratulations to Sara and Bret. No date is set yet, but the ring is very pretty (we did go see it, after all). A diamond solitaire. Good for them!

2 comments:

tarynkay said...

so... if sara is elliot's sister-in-law, and bret is brendan's brother-in-law, doesn't this mean that elliot and brendan will now be related? i think it does! i am just going to go ahead and call them brothers-in-law.

Anonymous said...

I love how you bullied her into revealing her secret!

P.S. Now, it's fixed. Unless me and the Taryn/Bret branch ever start an irreparable feud, my friends will never leave me.