Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Congrats again to Sara and Bret!

My cellphone rang at 2:30 today.

Sara: Do you have a minute to talk?

Mary: Well, I'm at work. But what's up?

S: Bret and I got married today.

M: That's weird.

S: Why is that weird? That's what people do after they get engaged. They get married.

M: Engaged people usually tell their friends and family the DATE that they're going to get married.

S: Why would we do that? Then everyone would want to be there. We wanted it just Bret and me.

M: Hmmm. Well... congratulations!

3 comments:

tarynkay said...

I am very happy to have such a wonderful new sister-in-law!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!
Again: Now my friends will never leave me.
Sara, I support your decision to elope!

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!
Again: Now my friends will never leave me.
Sara, I support your decision to elope!