Thursday, December 28, 2006

A Christmas Miracle!!!



Applesauce was diagnosed with diabetes this past June. The vet told us that in very rare cases cats can recover from the disease after several years, but that we shouldn't expect or even hope for that to happen.

But guess what! After just 6 months of twice daily shots of insulin and a special diet, Applesauce's glucose levels are normal! We're keeping him on a special diet, and it's possible that he may develop diabetes again later in life, but as of right now he's no longer diabetic.

I feel so lucky. And I'm sure that Saucey does, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elliot, love the picture of Mema playing the Wii. Your mom sent me your list for making the bark candy but I wanted to know what kind of morsels you used. Let me hear from you, Aunt Mart Mart