Saturday, October 21, 2006

Applesauce

This is our kitty Applesauce. He's lived with me for about 6 years now. Applesauce was a stray cat that adopted me when I lived in Sarasota. He was living outside until he got really sick one day and I had to bring him inside. Well, I didn't HAVE to bring him inside, but once you invest a certain amount of money in an animal, it seems such a shame to let them run off or get hit by a car. He's basically my indentured servant now, required to pay me back with love and affection. But he'll never earn his freedom again because he is constantly running up a vet bill.

Poor Applesauce has been through a lot. He lost his kitty-cat friend Ruebella about a year and 1/2 ago, when we had to put her to sleep. Everyone was sad about that. Then this summer, Applesauce was diagnosed with diabetes. He's doing really well, though, and the vet says that he's their "best diabetic patient" because he's so stable and otherwise healthy.

Just yesterday, we found out that Applesauce has to have one of his teeth pulled. He goes in for surgery next Monday, October 30th. I'm sure he'll do just fine during the procedure, but please think good thoughts for him during the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, applesauce! you are the tootiest kitty in the whole world!! everyone loves applesauce!!!
and mary and sara for taking applesauce in from the streets!!!

i hope your toothies feel better saucey!

much love,
your biggest fan