Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Forever Family

Aimee will be leaving us soon. :(

She's being adopted by a family that has been waiting a long time to have the opportunity to bring her into their home. Aimee has been "transitioning" into her new life by having lots of overnight visits with the new family and spending time every day with her new mother when she visits Aimee at school. Aimee seems a little confused, but overall I think that she's doing well with the process.

We're so happy for Aimee that she will have a nice, loving family to permanently call her own. Of course, we will miss her. I miss her already when she's gone on her overnight visits, as does Elliot and William. Despite our own feelings of loss, though, it will be a very happy ending to the rough start in life that Aimee experienced.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My darlings,

She is so lucky to have had you both in her life.

I love you so much,
Mom-e-bunny

tarynkay said...

i am really sorry to hear that. i guess that it's good for aimee, as you say, but it must be very hard on you. we love you both very very much. please let us know if we can do anything.

Jen said...

She's lucky to have spent some time with two of my favorite people.

M said...

Thanks guys! I'm so sad about her leaving, but I know in my heart that we did a good thing. Elliot and I really appreciate your support.