Wednesday, May 14, 2008

One Fish Two Fish

Kenji Valentino, my betta fish, died two weeks ago. I was very sad about it the day that it happened. However, he lived to a betta's full life expectancy, and we had provided him with a nice big home and tasty food, so I think it was a good life.


(pic from when we first brought Kenji home)

I've always enjoyed keeping fish. Kenji was my only betta; most of my fish have been either goldfish or guppies. The first fish I ever had was a goldfish. I got him while I was in elementary school and Super Mario Brothers video games were really popular. I named that fish Mario, and my sister Sara got one and named him Luigi. Ha ha!

The next fish that I remember having was my fancy goldfish, Paddington. He lived for 6 and 1/2 years! Paddington even moved houses with me twice. He really was a great fish. I still miss him.

Elliot's not really a "pet person" per se, but he has conceded that it is probably not cruel or terribly unnatural to keep pet fish. (He thinks that most animals should be left in the wild.) Since fresh water fish are such minimal upkeep, he doesn't mind if I keep an aquarium. He even got Kenji for me as a Valentine's Day present last year. :)

No comments: