Saturday, April 19, 2008

203 comes in at 520th place!



Which is to say that I ran a 5k. The Tallahassee Palace 5k to be exact.

I was number 203 and I placed 520th out of 782 people.

My time was 31:48 which, while not great, is my best time so far so I am happy with it.
Hopefully I will be www.gulfwinds.org has information about the race, including everyone's time and such, plus some pictures of many of the participants. All the photos below have come from that site. Please note that I am not in the foreground of any of their pictures.

I've got to
pull
ahead!

But, even though my captions jokingly suggested that I was pulling ahead there, I was really just trying to keep up with all those people as you can tell by the fact that I never actually pass any of them.
It felt good to finish the race though. I think that I will be trying more. If can ever run one without having to stop and walk, I will be pretty happy with myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elliot,

I am very proud of you for even attempting the race. Again, you have shown me how wonderful you are!

Love,
Mom

Unknown said...

This is the cutest, and funniest blog post ever! heeee it cracks me up cuz it's so Elliot! yay! I love you!!