Friday, October 26, 2007

I Must Get a Job Soon :(

The first year of law school is all about figuring out if you really want to be there, and if you do, how to organize your time and write your exams well. The second year is all about figuring out if you want to concentrate in any one area of law, and about trying to get an internship, externship, or summer job. And the third year is all about finding a job once you graduate. That's MY take on it, anyway.

I'm in my third year now. *Sigh.*

I've been really lucky to get lots of interviews... I just need to figure out once and for all what I want to do with my degree. There are so many things to consider: salary, benefits, the kind of work I'll do, flex time, travel requirements, location. I know that these are things that every person considers when they are looking for a job-- but I feel like I'm setting the tone of my career with this first job out of law school, so it's kind of scary.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

1 comment:

tarynkay said...

don't let it get to you! as one of my professors said, your first job out is just your first job out. you don't have to work there for the rest of your life. you can even switch fields if you try something and hate it. jobs are stupid. i hate thinking about that, so i foolishly avoid it. honestly, now that i'm almost done with law school, i'm all- and when do i get to retire?