Friday, February 02, 2007

On Belay!

Mary and I decided to go rock climbing today! It was very fun and generally awesome. They taught us how to tie in and how to belay each other which is basically managing the ropes so the other person can't fall very far and then helping them down. When the climber is tied in and ready they must say "on belay!" Once ready the belayer must then say, "belay on!" Then the climber says "climbing!" and the belayer responds "climb on!" Then you can start to climb. When you are ready to come down you must yell "Hey, I am ready to come down now!" You get the idea. Mary and I both went all the way to the top of at least one of the walls we climbed. The walls are all at least three stories tall.


Here is a shot of me belaying Mary.


Here is a shot of Mary belaying me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love rock climbing!!!

M said...

come to tallahassee and go rock climbing with us! we want to go again sometime, for sure... even though it made us both sore the next day.

Anonymous said...

You two are the greatest! I am so glad you are having wonderful new expoeriences. I love you both so much.

XXX