Thursday, May 05, 2011

Day 422: Studying

Elise is very studious now. She spends part of every day looking in her color book or her animal book or both. With her color book, she like me to ask her "...and what color is THIS?" as I turn each page. If I don't ask she says, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" until I do it the right way.

Elise likes to point to pictures in the animal book and have me tell her what the animal is. Sometimes I make the animal noise and sometimes she makes it.



Sorry, Elise, I have no idea what sound a deer makes.

Sometimes Elise can identify the animals on a given page. On the farm animals page, I might ask, "Where is the cow?" and wait for her to point to it. Lately she's been fixated on the picture of the hippo in the water animals section. This morning she was looking at a different section of animals and just to test her I asked, "Elise? Where is the hippo?" She turned the page back to the water animals and pointed at the hippo! Good job, Elise!!!

No comments: