Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 158: Sitting Pretty

Good thing I'm not superstitious. My sweet little Beastie, who was 6 lbs 6.6 oz when she was born, decided to hit a major milestone on Friday the 13th-- she found her balance and can sit unassisted for short stretches. If I sit her up, she now leans forward onto her hands and can sit that way by herself until she gets excited and throws her head back or tries to stand up.

Here's a picture of Elise sitting up for the first time. It's a little blurry because I had to snap the picture quickly.



She's getting close to crawling, too. When she's on her belly she can get her little legs up underneath of her body and stick her bottom WAAAAAAAAAAAAY up in the air. She's scooted herself forward a few times, but it doesn't really count as crawling yet because she doesn't know what to do with her arms. She'll have it figured out soon, though.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hurray! I can't wait to meet her and tell her what a strong little lady she is.

Katie said...

Im so happy! I miss my little cupcake. I shall come see her soon.