Thursday, November 05, 2009

19 Weeks Pregnant



We had our second trimester ultrasound this past Monday. The baby is perfectly healthy! They looked at EVERYTHING-- heart, kidneys, brain, spine, umbilical cord... we even saw the little fingers and toes. Elliot and I also know if it's a boy or a girl, but we're not telling yet. :)

The doctor did say that I'm at risk for placenta previa, because my placenta is positioned very low right now. Chances are that my placenta will rise as my uterus expands, but if it doesn't then that means I'll need to have a c-section. I have to go back for another ultrasound in 6 weeks to recheck the position of my placenta.

Is it bad that I'm happy about getting to have another ultrasound? That means that I get to see the baby again before it's born!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You look beautiful. I know that everything is going to go well for this little bundle of joy. Love you Mom