Saturday, August 01, 2009

Just an average work day.

I consider my work day to start when I leave the house with William and my wife. When I leave the house I usually find some mildly interesting nature on the ground.
Today, it's cute little mushrooms.

Then Mary and I drive William to school and ourselves to work.
After we park we head in opposite directions.
I enter my building through this door.

I like to walk through the shop to get to my office.


Here we are. But before I start working...


I need to eat some breakfast.
Rice Krispies with almond milk.
I used to eat un-frosted mini-wheats, which I like more, but I ran out and had to use up the Rice Krispies.


Ok ready to work; hey what's that message say?

Another day another error. No problem; by the time I try again, it's working.
First things, first: I check my email.

Then I code fixes to the problems I just heard about in emails.


Eventually, its time for lunch, which Mary and I often eat together.


Then more programming, this time on long term projects.


Sometimes I take a short break to look at my picture.


Eventually I have finished a new application or website or fix and I start on a new project. At the end of the day, I leave. On the good days, my work life is as simple as that. I like helping out and creating things and solving difficult problems. Lucky for me almost all of my work falls into one of those categories.

P.S. Sometimes there are meetings.

5 comments:

brendan said...

What's the photo on your desktop? I feel like I should know what it is...

Elliot said...

I don't actually know. It came with Windows 7 and I thought it looked cool, sort of like part of that Guggenheim in Bilbao, only in copper. It was filed under "architectural" pictures or something like that. I guess that doesn't actually identify it per se, but hey at least we not know together, BILILIL.

Unknown said...

Thanks Elliot, I enjoyed the opportunity to see this window into your work life!

Tiny Wire said...

Thank you for the narrative!

Anonymous said...

Wow - like Christopher - I enjoyed this insight into your daily world. You never cease to amaze me!

XXX,
Mom