Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Providence Canyon State Park

This past Saturday Elliot, Ben, Sheila and I took a day trip to Providence Canyon State Park in Georgia, which is billed as Georgia's "Little Grand Canyon." Its very pretty there, even though the gullies that constitute the "canyon" were created by soil erosion brought on by bad farming practices in the 1800s.

We spent about 5 hours walking around the park. First, we took a loop around the top of the canyon, and then we went down into the canyon and explored.

Here are three pictures taken from the top of the canyon:







And here are some pictures taken when we were down in the canyon:





4 comments:

Jen said...

I love your hats!

Elliot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elliot said...

Oops! Somehow I deleted my comment, which was that I had such a great time. I am glad that I don't have to go all the way to the Grand Canyon to experience some sort of canyon/ditch.

Jen said...

The Grand Canyon is a pretty big ditch, but not in a derogatory sense. If you ever go to the Grand Canyon, I recommend not going in the summer, when there are tons of bugs and humans. In addition to hiking into the canyon, you should go visit the mules and scratch their ears. They'd probably appreciate an apple also.