Sunday, July 06, 2008

Did I Mention How Wonderful The Food Was???

I stole these pictures, which were taken at Bouchon Bistro in Las Vegas, from Sheila's blog. I just want you all to see how good the food looked.

Here is my $14 endive salad:


My gnocchi:


Elliot's mussels in sauce and a serving of some of the most delicious french fries in the world:


Sheila's and Ben's food looked expertly prepared, too. I didn't post the pictures because... well... the sight of half a lobster and steak tartare are less than appetizing to me. I would never, never limit my dinner companions' food choices because of my own vegetarian life-style choice, BUT I also still can't help but find sawed-in-half sea life and raw meat icky. So, sorry if you wanted to see the pictures. Just take my word for it that the food presentation was well thought out.

Other highlights to eating at Bouchon Bistro: a really wonderful drink menu and pistachios as a lagniappe before the food is served. Ben was recommended and really enjoyed a brand of whiskey that he'd never tried before, and that was an added bonus to our delicious dinner.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, I am so proud of you both!

Mom