Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Culturally Diverse Kitchen

For reasons that I won't go into now, Elliot and I have decided to make a very positive change in our lives by trying to create a regular rotation of meals that is inspired by cuisine from all over the world.

Now, neither one of us is a master chef, neither one of us has time to cook long and complicated recipes, and we eat a strictly vegetarian diet at home, so the recipes that we are making might not be entirely authentic. For example, the Greek soup recipe that I love to make (click here for the link to my soup blog and this recipe) is traditionally made with chicken broth, but I make it with vegetable broth instead. However, I feel like we maintain the spirit of the recipe and therefore embrace a little bit of the culture that it originated from.

I'm having trouble locating good African recipes, but I checked out an African cookbook from the library tonight, so hopefully I'll find something in there. Anyone have an African-inspired recipe that they want to share with me?...

No comments: