Monday, April 09, 2007

Manatee Love

Elliot and I have a special place in our hearts for the manatee. I dare say that it was the manatee that catalyzed our romantic interest in one another back in high school. But that's a story for a different day.


Our dear friend Kelli found this book and snapped a picture of the cover for us:



Though I have not read the book myself, I have a feeling that Mary Manatee meets a strapping young sea cow named Elliot Manatee and they live happily ever after.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary,
I had no idea you were interested in manatees. We must arrange for you to pet Hugh and Buffett at Mote. This is not offered to the public, but I can make it happen.

Miss you!
Carolyn

M said...

I would LOVE that!

Anonymous said...

I too love the manatee. must be a florida thang.

xox